Monday, December 28, 2015

Biotherm Life Plankton Essence

Hello everyone,

I quite hesitate about picking a product to review in my first content. Anyway, I decided to pick a skincare item that has been raved about (especially in Thailand). Let’s meet my most love-hate relationship with the Life Plankton Essence by Biotherm. This essence was launched in Thailand around May 2014, but I had a chance to get my hand on in early 2015. I have to admit that when I was trying this essence for the first time, I had an issue with the scent! First moment I caught kind of weird salty smell with a strong fragrance, then it slightly turned to be a fermented smell and finally faded out after applying 2-3 minutes. I thought I could not handle this kind of scent for sure. However, I was surprised by how amazing result this essence can improve my skin. It made me impress much more to ignore all unpleasant scents. Let’s say…I have been falling in love with the Biotherm Life Plankton Essence since then.

Biotherm Life Plankton Essence

Biotherm Life Plankton Essence contains a living micro-organism in form of “plankton”, which has extraordinary properties to soothe dermal disorders (i.e. Atopic Dermatitis). According to the highest concentration of Life Plankton infused, it claims to improve visible signs of skin quality by producing more hydrating, more resilient and giving a feeling of new-born skin within 8 days. Whoa! Such an innovation…

Personal Experience: I constantly have breakouts due to having acne-prone skin and hormonal imbalance. Sometimes, acne medication cream causes me serious dry patches and redness around my cheeks which is very irritating. I firstly used Life Plankton Essence to calm down pain from redness. Surprisingly, it gave me the best result by relieving pain and redness quite immediately. For improving visible signs of skin, I have not noticed visibly change on the skin within 8 days as the product claims to be. However, my skin feels hydrated, plumped and smooth after 2 weeks. By the way, I will definitely continue using this essence because it helps soothing my skin problem immediately. 

Biotherm Life Plankton Essence

Packaging: The essence comes with a sleek design of gradient blue bottle and silver cap which represents product concept very well. It gives me a feeling of using water from the sea, even if it is not water. Bottle itself is quite heavy and sturdy because it is made of thick glass. Clearly, this type of packaging is not travel-friendly. Although I am not a fan of blue colour, this beautiful blue bottle catches my attention. Yeah…I am happy with it!

Texture: Biotherm Life Plankton Essence is neither a toner nor a serum. It is an essence that has mixture of watery and gel-based consistency. First glance in a bottle, it seems like an ordinary watery skincare when you shake it, but when you dispense a couple drops into the palm, you will notice a little turbidity of the essence. In terms of greasiness, it is slightly greasy for people who have oily skin to use in the morning/ under makeup. For dry to combination skin, it is perfect to give full hydration without feeling tacky throughout the day. Therefore, Biotherm Life Plankton Essence is a light-weight essence that is working as a pre-skincare before applying serum or working as a serum itself.

Biotherm Life Plankton Essence

How I use: Shake well before use. Spray thermal spring water all over face to help the Life Plankton Essence penetrate into skin. Dispense 2-3 drops into the palm and rub it together. Gently pad the palms and press on face until no greasy residue left on the skin.

Pros:
  • Help soothing damaged skin immediately
  • Deliver full hydration by making skin feels healthy and plump
  • Paraben free 
Cons:
  • Weird salty scent and strong fragrance may irritate people who have sensitive skin
  • Leave a little bit of tackiness on skin and take time to absorb

Biotherm Life Plankton Essence

Availability: Biotherm Counter and Duty Free in Thailand, Malaysia, and Hong Kong etc.
Currently Available at Sephora Canada

Price: THB1840 (A$70.77) for 125ml and THB2560 (A$98.46) for 200ml -Price at King Power Duty Free, Thailand-

Biotherm Life Plankton Essence

If you are looking for a light-weight essence that helps soothing irritation as well as delivering full hydration, 
Biotherm Life Plankton Essence is a suitable choice for you….
Bottom line….. Biotherm, you have gotten my heart 
x
Sun



No comments:

Post a Comment